Learn how to patchwork and quilt by hand with one quilt with 27 creative blocks, with popular tutor and author Carolyn Forster.
Slow stitching and mindful crafting is more popular than ever, and with just a few notions you can peacefully create a stunning 27-block quilt entirely by hand, in your own time and at your own pace. As the quilt is made up of blocks, you can work on your quilt a block at a time, making it more portable and meaning you can patchwork on the go.
- Bestselling author and teacher Carolyn Forster demonstrates all the techniques you need to hand sew a quilt completely by hand, so you not only have a beautiful hand-made quilt at the end, but you can join thousands of other people today who are returning to the roots of traditional patchworking and quilting.
- Through a series of ‘bitesize’ lessons, you will be taken through the process of making your quilt chronologically, so you not only understand the order in which to craft your quilt, but you build up your skills as your progress through the book.
- Learn how to cut out your fabrics with and without templates, how to sew your patches together in a variety of ways, and then get stuck in making the 27 blocks!
- Templates for creating the shaped blocks are included at the back of the book.
With dozens of mouth-watering blocks to make, and useful and inspiration information throughout, this is a beautiful book that will take the mystery out of making hand-stitched quilts and spark your quilting ideas for years to come!
- Once your blocks are ready to go, Carolyn shows you how to quilt them, using a combination of hand stitching and big-stitch quilting. Illustrated instructions are also included on how to construct and bind your quilt at the very end.